Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 1

I am tired tonight; it was along drive up here through the rain and the clouds. But when I arrived it was like magic but the clouds went away and the sun came out. The one thing that sticks out to me that I learned today is the history of William Durant. He was a rather fascinating person who loved to create things and would keep going until he got it perfect. I think Durant was trying to create the perfect architecture; it is like an artist creating his masterpiece. He was not concerned about money and probably had no care that he died with any money. All the rich families bought all his estates and kept them going but his name will be remembered as the creator of the Adirondack Raquette Lake camps.

So far I have enjoyed relaxing hearing birds in nature, the lovely sound of a thrush and seeing deer eating in the pasture, seeing the sunset, and just feeling the wind.

I am thinking of creating a project about patterns and symmetry in nature. I will walk around tomorrow and write in my journal all my observations for this project. Then I will take pictures to show them as examples and put them all together in a PowerPoint.

That is all for tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment