Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 4

Today I woke up and went for a hike as usual. The fog was right off the water again which was really nice to see. At 6:30 I went to go get my coffee and I passed Dave and Mike going for a Kayak ride. I decided not to join them as I wanted that cup of coffee and wanted to read my book the The Paradox of Progress. The one main thing I picked up from my reading was the idea of "Collapse Anxiety". Collapse Anxiety is the belief that everything is so good in our lives that we believe that it will have to end tomorrow. This is an ok thought process as it makes the human race evolve and do better.

After breakfast we took the boat to shore and first went to the Naturalist Museum. I was lucky to find a close parking spot as the Museum gives cart blanche to people who have. It was neat to see an otter swimming in the tank and running around. At the museum I also enjoyed seeing the fish sitting in the big aquariums. While at the museum Judith Schillo gave a lecture on Visual Thinking Strategies. This was my second time seeing it done and I learned from the experience that VTS is useful as a tool to keep everyone engaged, their ideas affirmed, and their behavior managed.

After we left the Museum we drove to the Adirondack Museum and here we saw much of the history of people from the Adirondacks. Some things that stick out to me where the amazing quilts, the rustic furniture, the hermit’s language which was recoded and translated into our alphabet and the HUGE chainsaw.

It was a long day today and we returned to Camp Huntington at 5:25. Tonight I will be working more on our project and implementing VTS into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment